Head Office - Santo Spirito, Rabat
The Head Office of the National Archives is housed in the historical building of Santo Spirito, one of the oldest world-wide hospitals. Its functioning as a hospital dates back to at least 1372. Extensive restorations to the building were carried out in the early 1980s. The transfer of the Palace Archives to Rabat was concluded on 28 July 1989. The official opening of the building as head office of the National Archives was presided by His Excellency Dr Ugo Mifsud Bonnici, then President of Malta on 28 May 1994.
Legal Documentation Section - Banca Giuratale, Mdina
The Banca Giuratale in Mdina houses the Court records for the period 1530 up to 1899. Late in September 1987 work commenced on the transfer of records of the Courts of Justice from the Palace in Valletta to the Banca Giuratale in Mdina. The repository was inaugurated on 28 October 1988, and opened its doors for research soon after.
Gozo Section, Victoria, Gozo
The records generated in Gozo are deposited at the National Archives Gozo section which is part of the Gozo Public Library in Triq Vajringa, Rabat. The NAG was officially inaugurated on 24 November 1989 by Dr Ugo Mifsud-Bonnici, then Minister of Education, and Anton Tabone, then Minister for Gozo.